Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Reached A Goal. It Was Kind Of A Big Deal.

I got 2 really big projects done yesterday and today. I had set a goal. To have it done by Wednesday afternoon. I busted ass. And, I got it done. I was really excited. Beyond excited. I shared my excitement with the kids. Of course, they ran around, tails wagging. They got excited with me even though they had no idea why Mama was so happy.

Then, the silence kicked in. That pang of loneliness I sometimes feel because there wasn't another human present to share that moment with. I had sent Lisa an email, but most days I don't get an immediate reply. Sometimes, I don't get one at all.

I wrote a quip about it on Facebook. A few people replied, but I don't think they were fully aware of my accomplishment or understood exactly what it took to get those 2 big projects done.

I don't expect people to completely get it. 

In order for me to get these 2 big projects done by this afternoon, I had to do a lot of research. Several hours. It's very challenging to do this during the day because of the kids so most of it, as with anything that requires staying focused, was done on the overnight.

This week, my overnights are being spent elsewhere because we're helping out a friend of ours.

On top of that, I had a few DIY Dog Mom Projects to finish.

I got about 5 hours of sleep in 3 days.

I pushed aside my other work stuff which means triple workload for the next couple of days. That also includes housework, blog columns, and everything between.

I was also trying to prepare for Hurricane/Tropical storm, Jose. Thankfully, the storm shifted to the east. It's been quite windy, and a few wind gusts have caught my attention, but it's nothing major.

This afternoon, when I completed the second large project and sent it in, it was a big moment for me. It was kind of a big deal.

I didn't need confetti to fall from the ceiling or a round of applause. It was just one of those times when I wanted to high five another human. Do a happy dance. Raise a glass of wine and clink glasses with another human.

But, instead, I got excited. I did a happy dance. The kids got excited. I sat on the floor. All of the kids ran around, tails wagging. Coco rolled on his back between my legs. Sophie perched herself up on my side because she knew I had snacks in my hand. Lobo ran back and forth barking because...well because that's what Lobo does. Willa slathered my face with juicy kisses.

After that, all was right with the world.

And, Lisa replied to my email rather quickly and with much excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment