Monday, August 3, 2020

We Are Keeping Our Fingers And Paws Crossed That Tomorrow's Storm Ends Well


Toward the end of last week, rumor had it that a tropical storm was heading up the east coast and there was a possibility that Connecticut would be hit. As with any major weather event, things can change at the last minute. At the time, I wasn't too concerned, but I kept my eye on the updates and we held off doing grocery shopping over the weekend.

I checked the updates after dinner yesterday evening and when I got up at 4 a.m. this morning. It isn't looking good. Due to a front that had stalled overseas to the east, there is no chance that Isaias is going out to sea. The focus has shifted to where and when it's going to make landfall and if Connecticut will be in the direct path.

There is a good possibility that it will.

Lisa and I talked about it and the decision was made that I would focus on storm prep today after Lisa left for work. 

I made homemade sandwich rolls, zucchini bread, cookies, jam, and extra meals to freeze for our kids. Over the weekend, I baked homemade treats for them so they were all set. I located our flashlights, made sure we had enough batteries, froze a half dozen water bottles, and made extra ice. I tackled any housework that required electricity. 

When Lisa got home from work, she put our grill and trash bins in the garage. She made sure there was nothing in any of our yards that could blow away. And, she finished up the laundry.

By the time I tucked Lisa and the kids into bed, we were as prepared as we could possibly be. 

The only thing to do now is to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment