Saturday, August 4, 2018

No, Mother Nature. What I Said Should Not Be Taken As A Challenge.

Today is one of those days. We had torrential downpours all day. All the work that Lisa had planned on doing outside was postponed until tomorrow. We hunkered down. I got some work done in the home office and the DIY Dog Mom Project workshop. Lisa tackled the laundry and ran a couple of errands. It was a productive day. However, there was one pitfall. I found myself telling Lisa something I shouldn't have...

"At least Mother Nature is dishing out her wrath this Saturday and not next Saturday..."

Next Saturday is Lisa's 50th Backyard Birthday Bash. One of my trusted weather sites is adamant that between August 10th and the 13th, we'll have a weather disturbance that's not typical for this time of year.

The 10-day forecast mentions we could possibly have some rain and storms next Saturday.

Am I concerned?

Sure, a little.

Will I make the same mistake I made last year for our Backyard Anniversary party?

Hopefully not.

Last year, our Backyard Anniversary party was scheduled on a Friday. We did not have a rain date.

The weather prediction earlier in the week said Friday was going to be a washout, but on Saturday, the weather would be great.

After Lisa and I chatted, we made the decision to move the party to that Saturday.

We let all of our guests know Tuesday night.

A lot were not able to make it on Saturday.

The following day, Wednesday, the weather started shifting.

Friday was going to be the gorgeous sunny day with blue skies. Saturday would be a washout.

The weather forecast on Thursday was pretty much the same.

I was stressed to the max.

I wanted to kick myself in the ass for switching days. Obviously, I wasn't going to switch the party day back to Friday.

Eventually, the weather system moving in had stalled and shifted.

Friday was going to be gorgeous.

Saturday was going to be overcast, cool, and there was a 10% chance of rain.

At the time, that actually worked in our favor because Lisa had been diagnosed with Lyme Disease for the second time a few days prior. She was on a regimen of Doxy. While on that medication, you can't be out in the sun.

So, our party went ON! No sun. It was unseasonably cool. No rain.

But, there was a tremendous amount of stress and such throughout that whole entire week because I had switched the dates of the party and was glued to weather updates.

I was incessantly checking every couple of hours.

I made a promise to myself that I would not do that again. When I sent out invitations over a month ago, I planned a rain date. Sunday.

BUT, I would only utilize that if Lisa's party date would be a washout.

I'm sticking to that.

Earlier today, when I thanked Mother Nature for dishing out her wrath this Saturday, I failed to consider that next Saturday could end up the same as today.

I'm hoping the Universe and Mother Nature didn't think my sentiments were a challenge.

We're keeping our fingers and paws crossed that Mother Nature will be gentle on us next Saturday.

If not, well, we'll just have to go with the flow.

Hopefully, that flow isn't produced by a river of water moving down our street from torrential downpours.

No comments:

Post a Comment