Friday, April 13, 2018

As A Pet Parent, You Need To Familiarize Yourself With The Term Bacterial Biofilm

We always had furkids growing up. One of the jobs we had as kids were washing the water bowls out every day. As a kid, I didn't understand how important this chore was. However, as I got older, I got wiser. Into my late teens and early adult years, I gravitated towards the motto of, "If you wouldn't drink the water in your pet's bowl, why do you expect them to?" I've white-knuckled that same philosophy since.

That's why I wash and refill the many water dishes we keep distributed around our home on a daily basis.

If you're a Pet Parent, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't wash your furry kid's water bowls and give them fresh water daily, you're probably familiar with Bacterial Biofilm.

It's that slimy film that coats the water bowls if you haven't washed them in a few days.

Bacterial. Biofilm.

It's dangerous to your furry kids and to humans and is a breeding ground for E. coli, Listeria, and other harmful bacterias.

If you're not familiar with bacterial biofilm, take a few minutes to read up on it. Here are a few interesting articles on the dangers and what you can do to get rid of it.

Is That Biofilm on Your Dog Dish? - SafeBee

The Invisible Slimy Monster in Your Dog’s Water Bowl - Dogs Naturally

The One Water Bowl Hack That Can Dramatically Improve Your Dog’s Health - BarkPost

No comments:

Post a Comment